Victor is an online marketplace for private jet charter. The innovative online portal presents transparent online bookings of private jets backed by experienced Customer Support Sales & Commercial and Operations team. Following its launch in August 2011, Victor has over 77,000 members and as an internet-based company sees no barriers to growth.
Victor now wishes to appoint a Commercial and Operations Associate with interest in being part of an innovative online travel industry business, with a new and exciting brand targeted at high net worth individuals and affiliated luxury services providers across the world.
All team members are expected to be extremely flexible, assisting other business departments within Victor as required. The successful candidate will also be confident working in a self-sufficient manner, and taking a hands-on approach. The close-knit nature of the Commercial and Operations team, however, does mean that colleagues are always on-hand for advice and assistance as required.
The following is an indicative list of some of the activities that the successful candidate will be expected to undertake, along with on-the-job training and shadowing; primarily of the existing Commercial and Operations Executive, and Commercial and Operations Manager. You will need to be comfortable working alone at night:
- Handle requests for flights and obtain quotations from operators within set timescales, including positioning flights;
- Negotiate charter prices as and when necessary;
- Developing and applying the knowledge of aircraft and additional services (FBO facilities, ground transfers, helicopter transfers, etc.;
- Build and maintain long-term relationship with partner operators;
- Creative problem solver - you will always find the silver lining
- Results driven. Loves challenges. Thrives in a competitive environment
- Proven ability to influence and negotiate vendor contracts
- Ability to plan and organize your day-to-day tasks
- Ability to work variable schedules including, nights, weekend and holidays.
- Ability to receive and respond to both feedback and constructive criticism
- Ability to analyse issues and problems, and come up with solutions
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Web Browsers
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Positive attitude, able to conduct yourself in a professional manner
- Proven ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Direct experience of the private aircraft charter industry, alternatively, candidates will be able to demonstrate an interest or background in aviation or travel, perhaps through their education.
- Working knowledge of Avinode and SalesForce
- Hunter mentality - you go after the business.